Here is a video wrap-up of the Russia Direct panel discussion on the future of Russian high-tech and innovation which took place in New York last week.
Video wrap-up of the panel discussion "Future of Russian Hi-Tech/Science Cities and Innovation" held on June 25, 2015 in New York. Video by Uliana Malashenko and RBTH Multimedia Team
Russia Direct conducted a panel discussion titled "The future of Russian Hi-Tech/Science Cities and Innovation," on June 25th in New York, which featured international experts in investment, human resources, economics, high-technologies and innovation. The event followed shortly after release of the new Russia Direct report "Insider’s guide to Russian high-tech hubs."
The report highlights the early successes and challenges of Russia’s modernization drive with an emphasis on the role of the state in guiding and supporting innovation efforts at the local level, primarily through the creation of new science parks.
The discussion brought together the following speakers:
- Axel Tillmann, the CEO of RVC‐USA, the US subsidiary of Russian Venture Company. Previously he held positions with Alpha Consult, Azure Technologies, ENIRA Technology and GBS Laboratories;
- Cathleen Campbell, the CEO of CRDF Global. She has been active in CRDF Global’s many science and innovation programs with Russia, including current programs to nurture technology entrepreneurs and to support collaborative research;
- Mikhail Kalugin, Head of Economic Section at the Embassy of the Russian Federation to the U.S.;
- Igor Balk, Managing Member of Global Innovation Labs LLC;
- Taras Polischuk, an HR technology expert and an investment professional. He heads Business Development for GlobalHRU, an international event company and advises Talent Equity Ventures (TEqV).Taras is also a Board Member for Talent Tech Labs, a New York-based incubator;
- Dr. Nikolay Vasilyev, Staff Scientist at the Department of Cardiac Surgery at Boston Children’s Hospital and an Instructor in Surgery at the Division of Surgery at Harvard Medical School. He is a co-founder and current President of the Russian American Science Association.
Also watch the full video of the panel discussion "Future of Russian Hi-Tech/Science Cities and Innovation"