It’s been exactly two years since Russia Direct was launched in June 2013. Take this quiz to check your knowledge about RD.
Photo: Russia Direct
As Russia Direct gets set to celebrate its second anniversary, here’s a chance to learn more about RD and its team. Almost all the answers to the quiz below you can find by reading through our website or visiting our Facebook and Twitter pages. Participants with the highest scores will get a chance to win a nice thank you gift from us – a free one-year subscription to RD reports.
RD Birthday Quiz: Answers and results
Since we published our RD Birthday Quiz, more than 1,500 readers have taken it. We hope you had fun doing it!
We analyzed the results, and it turns out that only a handful of people were able to answer at least 7 of the 10 questions correctly and only one person answered 9 of the 10 questions correctly, one person answered 8 of the 10 questions correctly and two people answered 7 of the 10 questions correctly. The rest of the quiz takers made more than 4 mistakes.
Therefore, we have decided to award 4 people with a free one-year subscription to Russia Direct reports.
Here are the correct answers for the RD Birthday Quiz:
1. The RD motto is “Converting monologues into dialogue.”
2. RD has received more than 1,000,000 but less than 1,500,000 page views since its launch in 2013.
3. Former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul does follow Russia Direct on Twitter.
4. RD U.S. executive editor Dominic Basulto was in Sochi for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
5. RD’s Twitter account was launched in October 2013.
6. RD released 30 analytical reports in the two-year period up to July 2015.
7. The audience from the U.S. accounts for the highest number of RD readers.
8. The RD Report from April 2015 (“Best Russian Studies Programs 2015”) took us five months to prepare.
9. The RD Brief “Re-Thinking International Security After Ukraine” is the most popular. So far it has been downloaded more than 1,500 times.
10. Managing Editor Ksenia Zubacheva received her Master’s degree from University of Bristol, UK.